About Kimberley Supports
Kimberley Supports (KS) is a consortium of Kimberley based Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs). Through NDIS funded programs and service provision, KS aim to give voice to the needs and concerns of Aboriginal people with disability, whom are currently amongst the most disadvantaged and disempowered members of the Australian community.
The members of Kimberley Supports are established ACCO’s and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) with a long history of program delivery, guided and implemented through community consultation.
Kimberley Supports are committed to delivering services that:
- Address barriers facing Kimberley Aboriginal people in accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Strengthen community capacity
- Continue development and support of a sustainable Aboriginal workforce.
- Include strategies that support and maintain cultural accountability within disability service provision in the Kimberley
- Build capacity of communities and individuals to understand their rights and opportunities relating to the disability service sector.
Members of the KS Consortium include
- KAMS Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Service
- BRAMS Broome Regional Aboriginal Medical Service
- NEHS Nirrumbuk Environmental Health Services
- WNAC Winun Ngari Aboriginal Corporation
- DAHS Derby Aboriginal Health Service
- MWRC Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre
- YYMS Yura Yungi Medical Service
- KWAC Kununurra Waringarri Aboriginal Corporation
- OVAHS Ord Valley Aboriginal Health Service